Presidential aspirants, Atiku Abubakar, Bukola Saraki, and former lawmaker, Sani Shehu have condemned the terror attack on the Abuja-Kaduna train, which occurred late Monday.
The politicians also called on the government to pay more attention to securing lives and property in the country.
In a statement on his Twitter handle, Atiku said, “The attack on Abuja to Kaduna bound train that reportedly left many injured and some kidnapped is condemnable. The government’s commitment to the protection of the life and property of the people must remain sacrosanct. My thoughts and prayers are with all who are affected.
READ ALSO:- NIGERIA MUST OPERATE EFFICIENT TAX ADMINISTRATION TO BOOST REVENUE, SAYS PRESIDENT BUHARI
Former Senate president, Saraki tweeted, “We need real solutions to address this menace and end the loss of lives of innocent Nigerians. My prayers are with the hundreds of people and their families who are affected by this senseless attack. I pray that the attackers will be apprehended forthwith and our security agencies enhance their efforts on all our roads, ports, and railways.”
The former lawmaker from Kaduna, Shehu lamented that lessons weren’t learnt from a previous attack and promises made then too had been abandoned.
He tweeted, “They killed some, they injured some & they kidnapped some. The train attack was preventable. Lessons weren’t learned from the last tragedy. The trains weren’t equipped with sensors to detect explosives & the promise of the use of helicopters to protect the trains was abandoned.”